Other library services are still available! Call us at 412-372-0500 for details on:
Everyone’s lives have been turned upside down during the COVID-19 pandemic, but our children are especially vulnerable to the uncertainty and anxiety of the times. Now more than ever, community children from preschool through middle school are looking for engagement, community, and a sense of the familiar – something the Library is uniquely poised to provide. Though we cannot yet meet in person, virtual interaction with familiar faces and creative activities and services is a help and comfort to many families – which keeps them asking for more!
For our older children, the Teen Afterschool Program has been a core component of Monroeville Public Library’s services since 2017, providing our teens with a welcoming space for activities, socialization, and mentorship. This year, more than ever, teens and tweens need a support system as they navigate through uncertain times. While the afterschool program has gone virtual, our KEYS AmeriCorps mentor is working hard to supply homework help, art supplies, discussion groups, and connection to the tweens and teens of our community. Your help will allow us to continue to make all of this possible – and more!
For GivingTuesday, please consider joining a global movement that was created eight years ago with a simple idea: celebrate a day that encourages people to do good. This movement has inspired hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
When materials are ready for pick up, you will receive your normal email, phone call, or text message.
Starting Nov. 30th, 2020
The hours for pick-up are as follows:
Copying/Printing/Fax services will also available in the Gallery Space.
Staff is currently extremely limited, and we appreciate your patience as we work through the backlog of items that have accumulated in the past months as well as our quarantining restrictions.
The Monroeville Public Library book drop is open.
The return of ANY checked out materials can only be made in the book drop, located the upstairs main entrance vestibule.
Staff is currently extremely limited, and we appreciate your patience as we work through the backlog of items that have accumulated in the past months.
Because we need to quarantine your items, they’ll remain on your card for a MINIMUM of 96 hours.
• AUTOMATIC RENEWALS! Items are renewed 2 days before their due date.
• FINE FREE! We are a fine free Library. There are no overdue charges for items returned after their due date.
• The library is available 24/7 through our website and apps. If you would like to read books, listen to books or music, or stream video – you can do it all from home with your library card. if you do NOT have a library card you can get one at this LINK and enjoy on-line materials immediately!
• Check out our libraryanywhere page for streaming content.
• Pre-recorded, online video programs are available through the Library's Facebook and Youtube pages. Visit the Library's Facebook page for more information.
Featuring stylish and useful merchandise!!
The Monroeville Public Library (MPL) is a municipal library serving the communities of Monroeville and Pitcairn, PA.
The Library currently raises tax-deductible, charitable gifts through the Monroeville Public Library Fund, a 501(c) 3 supporting organization.